The compact Mc SpaceSaver features built-in flow straightening technology combined with an Mc Propeller Meter, which offers highly accurate measurement in a space-saving design. It is suitable for both clean and dirty water flows, and the Mc Propeller is the top-selling flow meter in the US for agriculture and turf irrigation applications.
- Accuracy: +/-2%
- Repeatability: +/-0.25%
- Flow Range: up to 15:1
- Line Sizes: 6 through 12 inches
- Very low permanent headloss
- Mechanical instantaneous flow rate indicator and totalizer standard
- Optional electronic digital register available
- Unique magnetic coupling system, isolates register from flow
- Needs only 1.5 diameters upstream, 0-0.5 diameter downstream
- Straightening veins to generate optimum flow profiles
- Epoxy-coated carbon steel body; all stainless available
- Pre-calibrated, corrosion-resistant polymer impeller
- Register options: forward/reverse flow; test hand/index wheel; anti-reverse totalizer; custom scale; extended digit totalizer
CLICK HERE to view Parameters.
See the Configuration Sheet for complete specifications
How It Works:
McCrometer's Mc SpaceSaver Meter consists of a built-in flow straightener, which conditions water flow, combined with the popular Mc Propeller Flow Meter -- the irrigation industry's favorite.
- The Mc SpaceSaver Meter is designed with a unique approach.
The Mc SpaceSaver's flow straightener is a cone-shaped device that sits upstream from the meter and conditions the fluid to remove flow irregularities prior to measurement.
- The conditioned flow supports high accuracy flow measurement and virtually eliminates the need for space-consuming, costly upstream/downstream straight-pipe runs.
- The propeller meter consists of a rotating device, a helical- shaped impeller, positioned in the flow stream to measure fluid flow rates.
- When fluid passes through the meter, it contacts the impeller causing it to spin. The impeller's rotational velocity is directly proportional to the velocity of the flow. Learn More.