McCrometer's Mc Propeller flowmeters operate in a wide variety of environments without damage or loss of accuracy. They deliver ± 2% of true accuracy and ± .25% repeatability over a flow range of 25 to 1. Whether measuring clean or dirty fluids, McCrometer's McPropeller flowmeters excel in measuring turbulent flows, and their built in versatility makes them ideal for retrofits.
|Water and WasteWater Applications
- Canal Laterals
- Center Pivot Systems
- Drip and Sprinkler Irrigation
- Golf Course and Park Water Management
- Back Wash
- Cooling Water
- Filter and Pipe Galleries
- Potable Water
- Pump Stations
- Pump Stations-Raw Water
- Rate-of-flow Controller- Raw Water
- Transmission Lines-Raw Water
- Truck Loading and Discharge
- Wastewater Effluent
- Wastewater Management
- Water Well Production
The Mc Propeller is a uniquely-designed propeller meter good for both clean and dirty water flows, and is the top-selling flow meter in the US for agriculture and turf irrigation applications.
- Accuracy: +/-2%
- Repeatability: +/-0.25%
- Turndown: up to 15:1
- Very low permanent headloss
- Mechanical instantaneous flowrate indicator and totalizer standard
- Optional electronic digital register available
- Unique magnetic coupling system, isolates register from flow
- Needs 5-10 diameters upstream, 1-2 diameter downstream
- Straightening veins to generate optimum flow profiles
- Epoxy-coated carbon steel body; all stainless available
- Pre-calibrated, corrosion-resistant polymer impeller
- AWWA approved for cold water use
- Register options: forward/reverse flow; test hand/index wheel; anti-reverse totalizer; custom scale; extended digit totalizer
- Impeller options: high temperature resistant; acid and caustic resistant
- Line sizes: from 2" to 96"
Go to full document library
How it Works:
- The Mc Propeller consists of a rotating device, a helical-shaped impeller, positioned in the flow stream
- When fluid passes through the meter, it contacts the impeller causing it to spin
- The impeller's rotational velocity is directly proportional to the velocity of the flow
- The rotation is translated through a magnetic coupling and flexible drive system to the register, which calculates the flow rate by multiplying the flow velocity with the cross–sectional area of the meter tube.
The following flow and installation parameters will help you decide whether the Mc Propeller is suited to your specific flow measurement application. Alternatively, download and send our Free Flow Evaluation Form and a McCrometer sales representative will assist you in choosing the best flow meter for your needs.
Types of flow measured: Water and liquids with some suspended solids.
Flow range: 1 - 15 FPS typical
Operating temperature: 160° F maximum continuous operation
Operating pressure: Up to 300 psi
Head loss: Very low