Built-In flow condition design ideal for use in tight-fit and retrofit installations.
V-Cone is designed for today’s most challenging oil / gas production,
chemical, food & beverage, plastics, pharmaceuticals, district HVAC,
textile, power and water & wastewater applications. The V-Cone is a
better solution: see
why. It combines
exceptional performance, low maintenance and long life for superior value.
- KEY FEATURES
- TECHNICAL SPECS
McCrometer's V-Cone flow meter is an innovative system that takes differential pressure flow measurement to another level. Designed for mild to harsh operating environments, and for a wide variety of fluids, this advanced flow meter consistently outperforms traditional DP devices and other flow technologies. The V-Cone flow meter offers better accuracy and repeatability, wider rangeability, installation flexibility and reduced maintenace.
- Marine Systems Testing
- Metals and Mining
- Natural Gas: Transmission
- Oil / Natural Gas: Production
- Process & Facility Control
- Pulp, Paper and Wood
- Solid Waste & Hazardous Waste
- Water & Wastewater
- & More
Click to see the full list of applications for V-Cone Flow Meter.
Key Features Include:
- Flow Meter accuracy to +/- 0.5%
Flow Meter repeatability to +/- 0.1%
- Wide flow range
- Pre-conditions flow
- Requires minimal straight pipe
- Low head loss
- Low maintenance
- No recalibration
- Long life
The V-Cone is an advanced differential pressure flow meter with a unique design for conditioning flow prior to measurement.
Specifications and design features
- Standard Accuracy: +/-0.5% of rate (certain fluids and Reynolds number applications require specific calibrations to achieve this value).
- Repeatability: +/-0.1%
- Flow Ranges: 10:1 and greater
- Standard Beta Ratios: 0.45 to 0.80, special betas available
- Head Loss: Varies with beta ratio and DP
- Max Pressure: up to 20,000 psi (1,380 bar)
- Max Temperature: up to 1,600°F (870°C)
- Installation Piping Requirements: Typically 0-3 diameters upstream and 0-1 diameters downstream of the cone are required, depending on fittings or valves in the adjacent pipeline.
- Materials of Construction Include: Duplex 2205, 304, or 316 stainless steel, Hastelloy C-276, 254, SMO, carbon steels; Special materials on request.
- Line sizes: 0.5" to 120" or larger
- End Fittings: Flanged, threaded, hub or weld-end standard; Others on request.
- Configurations: Precision flow tube and wafer-type
- Calibrated for customer application
- ASME B31.3 construction available
CLICK HERE to view Parameters.