The flangeless Wafer-Cone®
is compact, less costly and easy to install. The cone conditions the flow so the Wafer-Cone requires minimal upstream or downstream pipe runs and can be installed virtually anywhere in a piping system. Ideal for small line sizes and with no moving parts, no replacement parts or scheduled maintenance, this meter offers a low cost of ownership and long life.
- Natural Gas Wellheads
- Gas, Water and CO2
- Gas Lift
- Fuel Gas
- Sepator Discharge
- Biogas Reactors
- Cooling Systems
- Plant HVAC
- Process Gas Lines and More ...
Click to see the full list of applications for Wafer Cone Flow Meter.
Unlike an orifice plate, the Wafer-Cone has no sharp edges so extensive maintenance and inspection are not required
- No straight pipe runs
- Maximum flexibility
- Accuracy to +/- 1%
- Repeatability to 0.1%
- Machineable in any material
- No moving parts, low maintenance
The Wafer-Cone is an advanced differential pressure flow meter, similar to the V-Cone but offering greater installation flexibility and economy.
Specifications and design features
- Standard Accuracy: From +/-1.0% of actual flow (certain fluids and Reynolds number applications require specific calibrations to achieve this value).
- Repeatability: +/-0.1% or better
- Flow Ranges: 10:1 and greater
- Standard Beta Ratios: 0.45 to 0.85, special betas available
- Head Loss: Varies with beta ratio and DP
- Installation Piping Requirements: Typically 1-3 diameters upstream and 1 diameter downstream of the cone are required, depending on fittings or valves in the adjacent pipeline.
- Materials of Construction Include: 304 or 316 stainless steel; Special materials on request.
- Line sizes: 1" to 6"
- Process Connection: Flangeless: no welding on pressure body
- Calibrated for customer application
- ASME B31.3 construction available
- Interchangable cone elements for different flow ranges
- Sized and fluid calibrated for customer application
- No-moving parts
- No welding on pressure vessel
- Options: gas or oil flow calibration
CLICK HERE to view Parameters.
Approvals for the Wafer Cone: